Please visit us and "Like" us on
Facebook for updates on our residency programs and University Hospitals St. John Medical Center!
2016/17 Recruitment Season
All residency programs (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, &
Emergency Medicine) will be accessible to candidates via ERAS no later
than Tuesday, July 26, 2016. Please contact
Courtney Conrad if you are
unable to apply to our programs after that date.
Graduate Medical Education (GME) is happy to announce that all 12 of our positions were matched on AOA Match Day, February 8, 2016! We are excited to start the new academic year with our incoming residents on July 1, 2016!
We already look forward to the 2016-17 recruitment season opening September 1, 2016!
The following PGY-1 position openings for the July 1, 2016 start date are:
- Internal Medicine (Match Code #45950) 5 positions
- Family Medicine (Match Code #45946) 3 positions
- Emergency Medicine (Match Code #45945) 4 positions
Combined Emergency/Internal Medicine Program: Recruitment for the 2016-2017 Academic Year is temporarily on hold due to the ACGME transition.
Before interviewing, we will need the following items via ERAS:
- Completed ERAS application
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School transcript from the College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Personal Statement
- MSPE (Dean's Letter) - *These will be sent out to the residency programs from the medical schools in October
- COMLEX Score reports for Part I, II & PE – Our programs prefer that your COMLEX II score report is submitted before your interview is scheduled. All three score reports are required to be on file before your application will be considered for ranking in January.
- We are unable to accept applications requiring ECFM, J-1 or H-1B visa sponsorship.
Decisions concerning employment are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or marital status in accordance with Federal and Ohio law. St. John Medical Center has a Non-Tobacco use policy. New hires are tested for all tobacco use as part of the pre-employment lab screening process. Anyone not passing the screening will not be employed.
2016/17 Interview Schedule:
Interview dates are subject to change.
Interviews for Internal Medicine applicants will be conducted on the following dates in the a.m. hours (8:30 am
- 12:00 Noon):
- October 5th and 6th (Monday and Tuesday)
- October 8th and 9th (Thursday and Friday)
- November 9th and 10th (Monday and Tuesday)
- November 12th and 13th (Thursday and Friday)
- December 7th and 8th (Monday and Tuesday)
- December 10th and 11th (Thursday and Friday)
Interview dates for Emergency Medicine applicants will be conducted on the
following dates in the a.m. hours (8:00 - 1:30pm):
2ND & 3RD WEEKS IN SEPTEMBER, 2016:
- Wednesday, September 21st
- Thursday, September 22nd
- Friday, September 23rd
- Wednesday, September 28th
2ND & 3RD WEEKS IN October 2016:
- Monday, October 17th
- Monday, October 24th
- Thursday, October 27th
- Friday, October 28th
2ND & 3RD WEEKS IN NOVEMBER, 2016:
- Wednesday, November 2nd
- Monday, November 7th
- Thursday, November 10th
- Friday, November 11th
- Monday, November 28th
- Wednesday, November 30th
1ST & 3RD WEEKS IN DECEMBER, 2016:
- Thursday, December 1st
- Friday, December 2nd
- Monday, December 5th
- Thursday, December 8th
- Friday, December 9th
When should I expect to hear about the scheduling of an interview after I've submitted my ERAS application?
Though we are accepting ERAS applications now, our official recruitment season and the scheduling of interviews does not start until after Labor Day (Sept 2).
If I submit my ERAS application without my personal statement, will this put me at a disadvantage?
No, every day we load the ERAS updates and anything you submit later will be automatically loaded to our ERAS applicant file. We do suggest, however, submitting your COMLEX 2 scores as soon as possible!
What does a typical interview day look like? What should I plan for?
The typical day is from 8:00 am through lunch (1:30 pm). You will be meeting with the Program Director, Senior residents in the program and typically with the DME and the GME Administrator. You will be taken for a hospital tour and out to lunch with the other applicants who are interviewing the same day.
Back to: Top