Combined Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine Residency Program - 5 Year Program
AOA accredited program for 10 positions. Two (2) OGME-1 position openings.
2011 OGME-1 Residents in the Combined Internal Medicine/Emergency Medicine & Emergency Medicine programs
“At SJMC, the EM/IM residency does an excellent job of integrating the two specialties into a 5 year program such that the graduates are competent and able to practice in each field of training.” Dee Mortensen, D.O., Chief Resident
- Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine specialties are combined into a five year residency program
- Residents attend lectures focusing on both Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine curriculum
- Current cases presented weekly, residents and attendings review charts, EKGs, ect..
- Monthly Journal Club
- Weekly Board Review
- Tumor Board Conferences
- Ohio University Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine Residency Programs (RPAC) – Statewide Education Days
- Residents attend Department of Emergency Medicine and Department of Internal Medicine Staff Meetings which focus on topics such as quality assurance reviews and department protocols.
Back to: Top | Medical Education