Women's Services Encyclopedia
Vaginitis (Vaginal Inflammation)
- Avoid irritating soaps, bubble baths and sprays.
- Wear cotton underwear (nylon and some synthetic fabrics retain moisture, leading to infection).
- Change tampons often.
- Women with a history for yeast infections may wish to use an anti-fungal cream (see your doctor for a prescription), if taking an antibiotic
(for what ever reason).
- Make sure sexual partners are clean - use of condoms decreases the risk of infection.
- Keep external genitalia clean. Dry carefully after bathing.
- Wipe the anus from front to back to avoid bacterial contamination.
Back to: Top | Encyclopedia | Library | Women's Services