Festival of the Arts
ST. JOHN MEDICAL CENTER FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS 2013:
Festival of the Arts 2013 Press Release
The St. John Medical Center Festival of the Arts is the premier fine art and craft show in the Cleveland area. Now in our 20th year, the Festival will feature more than 200 of America's finest artists and craftspersons who will be showcased on the beautiful park-like grounds of the St. John Medical Center campus located 20 minutes from downtown Cleveland. The attendance for 2012's Festival exceeded 15,000 people, with activities for young and old alike. This 3-day gala event will feature live musical entertainment, a variety of food stations, and hands-on children's craft activities. The Festival is open to the public, free of charge. Attendees are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items for local hunger centers, and in 2012, over 2,500 pounds of food was collected to help those in need.
We hope that you will join us for the most exciting art extravaganza on the North Coast!
Show Dates: July 12-14, 2013
Friday, July 12: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, July 13: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sunday, July 14: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Application Deadline: 3/15/13 Midnight (EST) -- Please apply at https://www.zapplication.org
- Applications are accepted via ZAPP only. No slides, CDs of images, or other envelopes, packages or boxes will be reviewed or returned.
- Please submit a non-refundable jury fee of $15 with your application. Applicants may choose to pay online with their Visa or Master Card, by PayPal, or by check made payable to the Festival of the Arts. Mail check to Festival of the Arts, St. John Medical Center, 29000 Center Ridge, Rd., Westlake, OH 44145.
- Images: 3 images + a booth shot is required
Exhibitors may apply to the Festival of the Arts in the following Fine Art
and Fine Craft categories:
- Mixed Media
All works must be hand-produced by the exhibitor. Items not accepted include kits, manufactured/wholesale items, and molded ceramics unless molds are designed by the artist.
The actual artist/craftperson is required to be on-site throughout the hours the Festival is open to the public -- representatives or other designees are not accepted. Exhibitors are encouraged to demonstrate their talent if feasible. Exhibitors are selected strictly on their merit as interpreted by a jury of professional artists.
Approximately 200 art exhibitors are situated along a 1/2 mile paved walking track overlooking a pond. Many trees along the path provide welcome shade. Vehicles are not permitted on the track on Friday and all vehicles must be unloaded from adjacent driveways.
Single Space (10x10) – $300
Double Space (20x10) – $600
Food Court (10x10) – $350
Exhibitors must furnish their own tent, display equipment, etc. To expedite unloading, please provide your own flat bed carrier and/or other equipment. Electrical service is not available. No smoking or pets are allowed on the hospital grounds.
- Our Festival is well-publicized with an extensive advertisement campaign that includes print media, television, radio, street banners, etc.
- Promotional materials provided to exhibitors for pre-event publicity.
- Early booth set-up permitted on Thursday, July 11th. Vehicles can pull up to booth space on that day only.
- Assistance with unloading on Friday provided by local high school students.
- Hospitality tent with coffee, tea, and cookies provided free of charge to exhibitors.
- 24-hour assigned security from Thursday evening through Sunday evening provided by Westlake Police Department.
- Hospitality volunteers patrol the track and are available for booth-sitting during Festival hours.
- Exhibitor name badges and booth signs are provided free of charge.
- Assistance with loading on Sunday provided by high school students.
- On-site exhibitor parking provided at no cost.
St. John Medical Center will present cash awards in both the Fine Arts and Fine Crafts categories as follows:
- Best of Show $500.00
- First Place $300.00
- Second Place $150.00
- Honorable Mention $50.00
Exhibitors wishing to participate in the judging process must have their booth set up by Saturday, July 13th at 10:00 am. Judging is conducted by a team of professional artists and craftspersons.
Exempt artists will need to contact the Festival of the Arts either via phone (440-808-9201) or email (email@example.com) for directions on how to apply without paying the fee. Exempt artists are cash award winners from the 2012 Festival.
Deadline for application to the St. John Festival of the Arts is March 15, 2013.
Refunds will not be issued for cancellations received after June 1, 2013.
For more information, please contact Ardis Radak at (440) 808-9201 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to: Top